The Laureate Research Fellowships for Foreign Students in Australia 2020
This grant is offered by the Australian Research Council (ARC) situated in Australia for the Australian Laureate Research Fellowships Scheme awarded to outstanding researchers of in 2020.
This opportunity encourages applications from all over the world. Two successful Australian Laureate Fellows as the Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellow and the Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellow. The Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship may be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the humanities, arts and social science disciplines. The Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship may be available to a highly ranked female candidate from the science and technology disciplines.
Successful applicants will be provided with additional funding to undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research.
The Australian Laureate Fellowships objectives are to support ground-breaking, internationally-competitive basic and applied research; forge strong links among researchers, the international research community and/or industry and other research end-users; enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas; attract and retain outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation; and provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture early-career researchers.
Value of Award
The value of the award for The Laureate Research Fellowships for Foreign Students in Australia has an Estimated Grant Value (AUD): From $2,071,992.00 to $3,671,992.00 10/31/2019
To be eligible for The Laureate Research Fellowships for Foreign Students in Australia, consider the following:
- Exceptional female researchers who will also undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research
- Preference will be given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia’s internationally competitive research capacity.
- International applicants
- An individual must not be nominated for more than one Australian Laureate Fellowship in a grant opportunity.
December 4, 2019, 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time)
How to Apply
To successfully apply for The Laureate Research Fellowship, take note of the following:
- The mode of application is online.
- The Application must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed Project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation unless requested by the ARC.
- Applicants should note the eligibility criteria for access to other funding schemes, as expressed in the Grant Guidelines for those schemes.
- The ARC reserves the right to change these criteria in future funding rounds.
- Grant Guidelines for all ARC schemes may be found attached to the relevant Grant Opportunity.